Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Moses and Work II

The power to gain wealth is from the Lord.

Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

(Deut. 9:17-18)(ESV)

I just received a pay raise. I worked hard last year, but I only worked 40-45 hours a week and I had no on-call. The previous year, I was very disappointed in my pay raise. I worked much harder, I was oncall, I was much more frustrated, and I averaged over 50 hours a week. I am not saying I deserved a pay raise because I switched jobs to one I was more suited to, but what I am trying to say is God is in control of promotions and pay raises. We must serve and honor him first by working hard, and let him take care of us.

No comments: