Saturday, September 29, 2012

Marilyn and I are attending the Desiring God Conference.

We are having a great time at the conference. The speakers are great. We had a humorous interaction. We sat down during a break to drink coffee at the Conference bookstore. Marilyn said, "Bibles are cheap here. I bought a lighter bible for $6 to carry around."
I replied, "Cool, I did too, an ESV for $5! Can I see your new bible?" Marilyn handed me her new bible. I said, "Oh, I didn't know you wanted an HCBS version."
Marilyn replied, "I thought that was a publisher."
I said encouragingly, "It is both. It is a really good translation. I just talked to the guy at their booth."
Marilyn said, "I wanted an ESV." After few minutes she got up quietly, and walked away without saying anything.
After I finished my coffee, I looked for her and then decided to go into the next session. We agreed where to meet earlier. Marilyn came in a few minutes later. She said smiling, "I got a nice ESV for $8."
I queried, "Did you exchange the HCBS?"
She said, "No. Happy Birthday!" She smiled and handed me the HCBS bible.
I just said cool and eagerly opened my new HCBS bible.

No comments: